The Ascentis Teachmeet
Support and challenge: Your top tips for differentiation in the ESOL classroom
In 2019, NATECLA, in collaboration with Ascentis, is delighted to announce its fifth National Conference Teachmeet:
- When: Friday 5 July 2019, 17:00 to 18:00
- Where: NATECLA's 2019 National Conference, Conference Aston, Aston University
- Theme: Support and Challenge: Your top tips for differentiation in the ESOL classroom
If you would like to share your most tried and tested activities and/ or approaches on the topic of differentiation (support and challenge), take part in this Year's Teachmeet: the perfect CPD opportunity for those who don't feel ready to deliver a workshop.
What is a Teachmeet?
A Teachmeet is a series of snappy, 3 minute presentations, held in a relatively informal setting, where you can share your most effective teaching ideas with like-minded practitioners and get some great ideas from other delegates.
How do I get involved?
Taking part in the Ascentis Teachmeet is easy. Simply:
- Think of your best activity / ideas to encourage learners to continue their learning journey outside the classroom
- Email Laura Plotnek-Jones (email@example.com) stating a title and brief overview of your presentation and the name of your organisation OR add these details to your National Conference booking form
- If you want to, put together a Powerpoint presentation (more images, less text) which illustrates your talk. Bring it to the venue on a USB (memory) stick. This is not compulsory though.
- Promote your involvement in the teachmeet via social media using #NATECLA
>> Don't forget to view a video from our Teachmeet last year on YouTube!