Benefits of NATECLA membership
Who joins NATECLA?
We attract membership from:
- Institutions such as further education colleges, adult education centres and community centres that provide ESOL programmes and private language schools that deliver EFL courses
- Voluntary sector organisations - those who employ three or less full-time staff members or equivalent can join as institutions at a reduced rate
- Individual members who work in colleges, adult education centres and in the community, as teachers, managers, examiners and assessors, inspectors and teacher trainers
- Volunteers or retired teachers who work with English language learners and wish to take advantage of membership benefits at a lower cost
- Trainee teachers who wish to take advantage of FREE membership for one year. You must be working towards a CELTA, a Trinity CertTESOL, a PGCE, a Masters in TESOL or ELT or an additional relevant qualification.
From only £20 per year (or free for new student members) our members receive a range of invaluable benefits:
- Access to our programme of high quality conferences, including the NATECLA National Weekend Conference – known throughout the sector as the leading event in the ESOL calendar – and regular one-day conferences held at locations throughout the country. Many of these events are free or reduced in price to members
- Bespoke ELT training sessions to meet local and national needs – this is an opportunity for practitioners to network, keep up to date with the latest developments in the field and acquire new teaching techniques for the classroom
Find out more about IATEFL membership on their website or email email@example.com for your IATEFL membership form.
- Reduced IATEFL membership (The International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language) - NATECLA has an affiliate relationship with the organisation which allows our members to join IATEFL on a basic membership rate. In 2020/21 this rate is only £23 for the year. IATEFL basic members are entitled to:
- Member discounts at IATEFL events
- A copy of each edition of their IATEFL magazine, Voices, which is published six times per year
- Ability to purchase membership of Special Interest Groups (SIGs) at only £23 per SIG
Institutions who join NATECLA receive all the benefits mentioned above. In addition, they will be entitled to: