NATECLA was first granted charitable status in October 2013. We changed to a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) in 2022. Our CIO charity number is 1198388.
Our aims as a charity
NATECLA aims to advance all aspects of education and training in English for adult speakers of other languages for the public benefit.
To achieve these aims NATECLA will, in particular but not exclusively, provide a professional forum for:
- teachers and those organising provision of English to adult speakers of other languages (hereinafter known as ESOL) resident in the U.K.
- teachers of community languages and others concerned with multi-lingual language issues in post-16 education.
NATECLA's trustees, in collaboration with our Management Council, Branch Network and National Coordinators, manage and support our work. The trustees work for NATECLA in a voluntary capacity and include:
- Rachel Oner (Co-chair)
- Greg Dugdale (Co-chair)
- Nafisah Graham-Brown (Treasurer)
- Mary Osmaston (previous co-chair)
- Diana Tremayne (Management Council research rep)
- Jenny Roden (Management Council ESOL Strategy rep)
Our policies are provided here and will be added to and updated as appropriate:
Find out more about our charitable status
Find out more about NATECLA and our charitable status by visiting our profile on the Charity Commission website