Deliver a workshop
NATECLA is currently inviting applications from workshop leaders with an interest in ESOL and English Language Teaching to deliver relevant sessions at our 2016 National Conference:
- DATE: Friday 8 to Saturday 9 July 2016
- VENUE: University of Nottingham
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS is SUNDAY 21 FEBRUARY 2016 and successful submitters will be notified before the end of March.
Your workshop should appeal to ESOL AND ideally also ELT practitioners, managers and other related professionals practising in the UK. We welcome proposals on topics including:
- Practical teaching skills
- Using ICT in the ESOL / ELT classroom
- ESOL assessment
- 14-19 ESOL learning
- ESOL policy
- Job Centre ESOL
- ESOL / ELT research
- Refugees / asylum seekers
>> To make an enquiry, email email@example.com
>> Submit your proposal via Google Forms before Sunday 21 February
>> Decisions will be made by the end March 2015.
Workshop reimbursements can only be claimed by non-commercial workshop leaders.
- Commercial organisations - Those representing a commercial organisation such as a publisher, awarding body or training organisation will not be entitled to claim a fee and must pay £150 to deliver a session if it is approved.
- For non-commercial workshop leaders, NATECLA will pay £50.00 per workshop session, plus travel expenses (£50 maximum). These reimbursements are per workshop and NOT per workshop leader. Alternatively, 1 workshop leader per workshop can receive a FREE day pass to attend other workshops on the same day as their own.
NATECLA is a registered charity and, as a result, must limit its expenses accordingly.
Attending other parts of the conference as a delegate:
Take advantage of our early booking rates before 8 May 2015.
- Commercial workshop leaders are welcome to attend the full conference provided that they purchase a delegate pass for the day(s) that they attend, including the day of their workshop.
- Non-commercial workshop leaders can choose to receive a FREE conference day pay to attend other workshops on the same day as their own as an alternative to receiving a £50 reimbursement and travel expenses of up to £50. If there is more than 1 workshop leader delivering a session, we can only supply 1 free pass per workshop.
It is difficult to predict how popular a workshop will be. We reserve the right – although we try not to exercise it – to cancel a workshop because of low numbers, a week before the conference. This would only happen after consultation with the leader(s).
If you have any questions, please contact Laura Plotnek-Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org