JOB ADVERT: IELTS Teacher, West Midlands
Back to news list
11 December 2017
- Job Title: Freelance IELTS Teacher
- Employer: Brushstrokes
- Location: Smethwick, West Midlands
- Closing Date: 14th December 2017
- Pay and conditions: £29 per hour
Brushstrokes is a community project dedicated to supporting asylum seekers, refugees and newcomers adapting to a new life here. We support people from Sandwell, West Midlands and beyond.
We are looking for a qualified IELTS teacher to teach a 12 week IELTS course on a free lance basis as part of our work for the USE IT project.
The ideal candidate will have more than one year of IELTS teaching experience and will have experience of assessing students and teaching this exam to both lower and higher levels. You will be working on a freelance basis and will be responsible for your own tax and NI.
Qualifications and Skills
- 12 week course to start January 2018
- (With the potential to continue beyond 12 weeks)
- 6 hours per week + 7 hour assessment workshop.
- £29 per hour
- Based at St Philip’s Parish Centre, Messenger Road, Smethwick, B66 3DA
- Responsibilities and Duties
- Running an assessment workshop before the course.
- Planning lessons based on the IELTS exam and on students’ learning needs.
- Marking and giving regular tests.
- Giving advice to students on improving their scores.
- Regular teaching admin, registers and progress reviews.
- DELTA, Cert Ed (with ESOL specialism), DTLLS or DET
- At least 2 years of IELTS teaching experience.
If you are a qualified ESOL teacher with IELTS experience and would like the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives and careers of health professionals from overseas, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Expressions of interest in this opportunity should be emailed to Jane (email@example.com ) by 17.00 on Thursday 14th December. Individuals who are shortlisted will be contacted for an interview on Tuesday 19th December.