JOB ADVERT: ESOL Lecturer at John Ruskin College, South Croydon
Job Title ESOL Lecturer
Employer John Ruskin College, Selsdon Park Road, South Croydon, CR2 8JJ
Contact Email Fiza Khan – firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone 0208 651 1131
Location South Croydon
Closing Date 12 August 2019
Pay and conditions £24,071 to £34,282 (Subject to qualifications, skills and experience)
Outstanding Facilities – Outstanding Opportunities
The Orbital South Colleges Group, which consists of East Surrey College (Redhill) and John Ruskin College (Croydon), is committed to achieving excellence for all our students. Inspirational teaching and the dedication of all our staff supports the continuing growth of our student success. We are seeking dynamic, skilled and highly motivated individuals to join our team to work in an exciting and diverse learning environment.
We are currently seeking a ESOL Lecturer to join our friendly and professional team.
Location: John Ruskin College (Croydon)
Salary: £24,071 - £34,282 (Subject to qualifications, skills and experience)
Contract Type: Permanent
The successful candidates key responsibilities will be:
1. Preparation and delivery of lessons and courses; assessment, recording and reporting on assessments of students.
2. Acting as group and personal tutor; delivery of tutorial programme; guidance to members of tutor group; supporting and participating in curriculum development; accurate maintenance of registers; preparation of tutor reports.
3. Working as part of a team to quality assure qualification delivery and develop Schemes of Work and associated resources
4. Consultation and reporting with parents and colleagues as needed.
5. Attendance at staff, department, team meetings and parents’ consultation meetings.
6. Participation in examination arrangements including invigilation.
7. Participation in learner admissions, learner trips and visits, enrichment and guidance of learners.
8. Participation in marketing and promotional events.
• A recognised teaching qualification in a closely related subject
• Degree in a closely related subject or equivalent professional qualification at level 4 or above
• Maths & English GCSE / Level 2 equivalent
• Equality & Diversity Level 2 (or willing to obtain)
• Safeguarding Children & Vulnerable Adults Level 2 (or willing to obtain)
If this sounds like you and you will enjoy working in a friendly, fast paced, changing environment we would love to hear from you. In return, we offer a competitive salary, as well as staff benefits such a choice of two excellent pension schemes, free onsite parking and access to our fully equipped gym along with discounted in house Spa and Salon treatments.