Ascentis Teachmeet: Take part
Your top tips for encouraging learning outside the classroom
In 2018, NATECLA, in collaboration with Ascentis, is delighted to announce its fifth National Conference Teachmeet:
- When: Friday 6 July 2018, 16:30 to 17:30
- Where: NATECLA's 2018 National Conference, Conference Aston, Aston University
- Theme: Your top tips for encouraging learning outside the classroom
If you would like to share your most tried and tested activities and/ or approaches on the topic of encouraging your learners to develop their language skills outside the classroom, take part in this Year's Teachmeet: the perfect CPD opportunity for those who don't feel ready to deliver a workshop.
What is a Teachmeet?
A Teachmeet is a series of snappy, 3 minute presentations, held in a relatively informal setting, where you can share your most effective teaching ideas with like-minded practitioners and get some great ideas from other delegates.
How do I get involved?
Taking part in the Ascentis Teachmeet is easy. Simply:
- Think of your best activity / ideas to encourage learners to continue their learning journey outside the classroom
- Email Jane Arstall (firstname.lastname@example.org) stating a title and brief overview of your presentation and the name of your organisation OR add these details to your National Conference booking form
- If you want to, put together a Powerpoint presentation (more images, less text) which illustrates your talk. Bring it to the venue on a USB (memory) stick. This is not compulsory though.
- Promote your involvement in the teachmeet via social media using #NATECLA
>> Don't forget to view a video from our Teachmeet a few years ago on YouTube!