The Cambridge English Teachmeet
Your top tips to engage and motivate learners
Got a classroom activity to share with other practitioners, but don’t feel ready to deliver a workshop? After the success of last year's first ever Teachment, NATECLA, in collaboration with Cambridge English are excited to bring delegates the same event (with a different theme) for the second year running - a series of snappy 3 minute presentations where you can share your most effective ideas for engaging and motivating learners and get some great ideas from other delegates.
Your 3 minute presentation on engaging and motivating learners could include one of the following themes:
- When: Friday 26 June 2015, 20:00 - 21:00
- Where: NATECLA's 2015 National Conference, Queen Mary's University, Mile End, London, E1 4NS
- Games and classroom activities to liven up the language classroom
- Motivating homework ideas
- Lively lesson warmers
- Reward or points systems
- Classroom feedback ideas
- Making Individual Learning Plans work for students
- Using differentiation effectively in mixed ability classes
- Any other ideas that have worked to motivate your students
How do I get involved?
Taking part in the NATECLA Teachmeet is easy. Simply:
- Think of your top tip for engaging and motivating learners
- Email Laura Plotnek (firstname.lastname@example.org) stating a title and brief overview of your presentation and the name of your organisation OR add these details to your National Conference booking form
- Put together a Powerpoint presentation (more images, less text) which illustrates your talk. Bring it to the venue on a USB (memory) stick
- Promote your involvement in the teachmeet via social media using #NATECLA2015
For more information on Teachmeets and to view a live stream of a previous event for primary school teachers, visit the Teachmeet Hampshire website.